TIPS FOR A GREAT WEDDING RECEPTION FROM A DJ’S PERSPECTIVE
Having been to our fair share of weddings, we recommend the following to ensure that your wedding celebration is one that your friends and family will talk about for years to come.
- Hire waiters if the bar is not in the same room, people mill around the bar if not in the same room.
- Make sure your MC is not shy or nervous.
- Wait for everyone to finish dessert before you do your first dance and open the dance floor. Especially important if your dessert is plated, as everyone will leave the dance floor to eat dessert.
- Cut cake AFTER CEREMONY, so guests actually eat it and it provides a talking point/snack whilst you are on your creative shoot. Do not cut the cake after the first dance…ever!
- Place the DJ table right in front of the dance floor.
- Don’t start the dancing until ALL the meals are done.
- Use a black table cloth for the DJ table, this will hide most of the cables.
- The DJ will need to place the speakers fairly close to the dance floor. As they will be placed against a wall, please ensure that no tables are in the way.
- Keep speaker placement in mind when doing your table layout, don’t seat your grandparents on the tables next to the speakers.
- Do the garter and bouquet before your first dance. This way you don’t stop and start the party.